Thursday, February 28, 2013

UPDATE: My New Favorite Breakfast!

So, this isn't really anything new, but it is improved!  I have been doing research lately on Indian cuisine and I found a recipe that combines cabbage and chickpea flour into a fritter, much like the falafel I make for breakfast.  I had to try it out.  I keep cabbage in my fridge most of the time because it makes a great salad, or garnish, or addition to soups.  I just happened to have a dry salad (meaning no dressing) of shredded green cabbage, cilantro, and green onion in the fridge, so I put it in my falafel fritters one morning.  It is now our new, improved favorite breakfast!  The texture of the cabbage is great, plus the added flavor of the herbs and onions makes the fritters delectable.  After I added on some olive hummus (chickpeas two ways, haha), arugula, and a fried egg, I was in heaven.

T.E.A.'s New and Improved Falafel Breakfast Fritters
makes 4 medium fritters

1 cup chickpea flour
1 cup shredded green cabbage
1 TB chopped cilantro
1 TB chopped green onion
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne (if you like it spicy)
1 tsp lemon juice (or apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar)
salt to taste

Garnish:
1 cup arugula
1 TB olive hummus 
fried egg

I've already done these recipes, so you can see them here: http://theexperimentalalchemist.blogspot.com/2013/02/lets-garbonzo.html

Just add in the new ingredients and Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment