Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Asian Noodle Salad: Revised Edition

So....I made a spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Salad last night that I was so excited to blog, but...I've already done this recipe before back in January!  However, I decided to share this version of it because I think I succeeded in making it even better.  Plus, this is my cold, summer version.  And...I have better pictures since last time all my pictures were terrible.



My original post can be found here: Asian Chicken Noodle Salad.  All the recipes and directions are on that post.  But this new version is better because I took my own advice and added a lot of veggies!  Not only did more veggies bulk up the salad, but it made it added more color, texture, and flavor.  My one piece of advice for choosing the veggies you would like in this salad, is to choose veggies that hold up well in sauce.  That way, this salad can be easily refrigerated and will taste great the next day.  I made a huge bowl of this salad, and it lasted us two full days.
The veggies I chose and would recommend are as follows:

julienned red bell pepper (or any color you like)
shredded red or green cabbage (or both)
chopped cilantro
shredded or thinly sliced carrot
chopped zucchini
white bean shoots
chopped green onion

I added peanuts for crunch, but did not add peanut butter to my sauce.  I also used thin rice noodles in place of udon.  Clearly, you can mix and match as you like, but the basic recipe is amazing.  It is great hot or cold and makes a full dinner!









1 comment: